GML Input System
A downloadable tool for Windows and macOS
This input framework allows for a great number of things that you probably expected Game Maker to have. You might think you don't need this but the code base for this extension is about 2,000 lines.
- Players can be assigned devices/bindings
- Easily replace the Game Maker input system using input_check* functions
- Limitless bindings and easy removal of bindings (on the fly changes)
- Can be used with non-action/player based control schemes as well
- Automatically controls device connection/disconnection
- Handles axis input for you with convenient functions
- Input buffering allows you to send inputs that are automatically checked for within the input_check* functions
- Gamepads and keyboard/mouse are natively supported within this system and require no extra work
- Provides an example project that shows how to do everything
(Latest extension version is uploaded regularly, the example is not)
You can directly reach out if you need help via Discord! Just @me! (Seabass The Human)
Thanks to YellowAfterLife for the splash art!
This was made for Game Maker Studio 2!
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files: